5 tbsp oil
1 cup onion, finely chopped
3 whole dried chilies
5 cloves garlic, slivered
1 can gram dhall (or 2 cups boiled)
½ tsp jeera seeds
2 tsp Mrs M’s dhania (coriander) powder
2 tsp Gorima’s Kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Mrs M’s jeera (cumin) powder
3 tbsp grated tomatoes
2 tsp ground garlic
Salt to taste
½ cup chopped spinach (boiled)
3 tbsp fresh dhania (coriander), chopped
- Saute onion in pan with dry chillies and slivered garlic until onion turns light pink.
- Add gram dhall with spices and stir.
- Add 1½ cups water and cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes with ground garlic and salt, cook for 15 mins.
- Add spinach and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
*Serve with hot roti’s.
Tip: Use 4 tbsp seafood and fish marinade instead of masalas and dry spices.